Compression therapy can help in many ways
Compression therapy helps to improve the blood circulation from your feet and legs back to the heart. By improving circulation you can reduce swelling, tiredness and aching feet and legs. Compression garments can help with a number of common health and lifestyle issues.
Slade Pharmacy offers a large range of medical grade compression garments for vascular insufficiency, lymphedemas and Pregnancy with brands such as Venosan, Solidea and SRC.
MADE- TO- MEASURE
When it comes to compression therapy, correct sizing and garment selection is very important. Incorrect sizing can cause discomfort and pain which may result in you not using your stockings. In the comfort and privacy of our ASSIST room, we help patients to select the compression garments suited to their needs and ensure they are confident to use them. We keep a variety of stockings, socks, arm sleeves, and sports garments.
We offer a made-to-measure service for those customers who require custom made sizes. Our team are fully trained in measurement techniques and are very familiar with our products to provide advice for your individual needs.
CARING FOR YOUR GARMENTS
When you wash your garment, you are not only cleaning it for hygiene reasons but also to maintain its compression. By washing regularly, you are strengthening the elastic and restoring your compression.
- Wash garments daily, preferably by hand in a basin. If washing in a machine, place garment in a mesh ‘delicates’ bag. It is a good idea to have two pairs, one to wear while the other is in the wash
- Use a detergent for delicate fabrics
- Do not use fabric conditioners
- Do not dry clean, iron or bleach your garments
- Dry your garments in a warm room overnight. Do not leave in the sun or on a heater
- When drying lay the garment flat, do not hang
- Do not tumble dry