Slade Pharmacy is dedicated to supporting patients to make this experience as stress-free as possible, offering medicine management through to mental and physical wellbeing.
How we support you
Proudly supporting our patients through every step of their treatment journey
Coming to hospital or an oncology centre for treatment can be very overwhelming.
We can support you:
- With medication preparation, including chemotherapy and other cancer patient medication
- Through guidance on the safe use of prescribed medication
- By communication with your local pharmacy to ensure continuity of care
Preparing for your stay in hospital
There are many things you can do to help prepare for a hospital admission and reduce any stress you may have, such as understanding what to bring with you (including medications), learning about any out-of-pocket costs and preparing for what happens when you’re discharged.
To reduce the risk of any medicine interactions, please speak with the staff at your hospital when you arrive. Let them know what medication you’re taking currently taking (if any) and if there have been any recent changes in the medication you are taking.
Supporting you while in hospital
If you have undergone treatment at a hospital, oncology centre or specialist clinic, Slade may have dispensed your medication. Slade Pharmacy offers on-site pharmacy services in many private and public hospitals and oncology centres throughout Australia.
Slade Pharmacy partners with hospitals and day oncology treatment centres around Australia to deliver chemotherapy medication and medication advice for cancer patients throughout their treatment.
Our dedicated specialist pharmacists work with your medical team, so you receive the safest medication available.
- Review your current and previous medicines, along with your new treatment medicines, and provide recommendations to your doctors and nurses
- Support you by providing information and advice on your new medicines and any medicine related issues, such as how to take them and how to cope with any side effects
- Provide you with written information on your medicines and be available to you and your family if you have any questions about your cancer treatment
- Liaise with your local pharmacy when it is required to ensure continuity of care
Our cancer pharmacy teams have extensive experience with the highly unique medicines used in the treatment of cancer. These medicines may need to be sourced from licensed compounding facilities or require in-house pharmacy compounding, depending on the specific medicine requirements prescribed for you. Some medicines may need to be sourced internationally, while others require a detailed application process for approval to use in your care. Whatever the circumstances, our specialised pharmacists will review these medicine requirements and ensure these treatments are prepared for you and ready when you require them.
Our pharmacies also routinely stock the specialised retail products that are specifically suited to your cancer care needs as you progress throughout your treatment journey.
Frequently asked questions
If you have questions about preparing for hospital admission, paying your Slade Pharmacy account or receiving treatment in Australia, learn more by visiting our FAQ page.